Wednesday, February 16, 2005

figuring out God's will...

This has been an ongoing question of mine: how do you determine what God's will is in a situation? How many times have I sought that when trying to make a decision that changed something big in my life.

Now again, I'm wondering. I think you just kind of know when you know. But it's easy to miss it, or to fake yourself into thinking YOUR plan is God's will, citing your own altruistic motivations or whatever.

The best way I know how to go about a problem that needs solving is by logic. So I'm using my logic, added with faith and intuition. But even this mixture seems to be a shoddy methodology. I was challenged yesterday though that I shouldn't limit God in assuming He can't reveal things to me by logic. Logic isn't always bad in determining solutions to big issues that are based on a lot of faith maybe.

But even in my logic, my obvious bias comes out screaming. I can much more easily come up with logic that supports MY plan. I wish I could somehow render myself completely without bias.

I'm getting better at being patient for everything to be revealed. But I still doubt sometimes that I can see God's will through all the film over my eyes.

1 comment:

bloggirl said...

Scherman's two cents...

http://brianschermerhorn.blogspot.com/2005/02/my-will-is-worth-something-sometimes.html